Be A Volunteer
How can you help?
Donating helps to fund projects as well as provide the village with essentials such as food, clean water and clothing.
You can help out at events in a number of ways from giving out leaflets to being a photographer.
There are many ways to help us fund raise such as cake sales, boot fairs, sponsored runs and more!
Help us raise awareness to our local communities about the Syrian Crisis and how they can help.
Like our Facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/AvillageinSyria. We also have Twitter.
Anyone who can help us with admin or have any ideas / expertise for our events is welcome!
What We Offer
- Experience working within a team.
- Leadership: Taking control of a situation, solving conflicts and motivating others.
- Communication Skills (verbal) by discussing, sharing and negotiating with others.
- Communication Skills (written) by posting to social media, creating reports and making proposals .
- Organisation: Meeting deadlines.
- Budgeting: Presenting a budget and seeing it through.
- Opportunities for public speaking.
- Taking responsibility and making decisions (jointly and individually).
- Creativity: Turning ideas into reality, innovation and problem-solving.
- Taking part in an international movement to assist Syrians.
- Interpersonal skills: Getting on with people regardless of background.
- IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point .
I must thank you for the work that you are doing. The suffering of the Syrian people most definitely causes pain in our hearts, so it is great news that people are actively trying to help them, especially since many of us feel helpless to do anything about it. The effects of war are one of the biggest evils in the world today, so charities, such as yours, should be supported by anyone who is capable to do so.Osama Zubair, The University of Kent Islamic Society